Head of Risk
|Job category:||Banking / Insurance|
|Job expires in||12-01-2018|
- Overall Risk Function
- Part of Executive Committee for strategy development
- Development, maintaining, implementing and raising awareness of Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) including but not limit to Risk Appetite and Key Risk Indicator
- Oversee the effectiveness of AMK’s ERM, including overseeing the implementation of risk management policies as defined by the Board
- Provide Independent and Objective Risk and Control Assessment to ensure the risks are identified and manage according to Risk Appetite and to ensure that policies, controls, testing and reporting are in place to identify undue risks exposures or control breakdowns. Ensures corrective measures are undertaken in a timely fashion
- Build Strong relationship and trust with business and support function to create an awareness of risk culture
- Responsible for Risk training, facilitation, advice and guidance
- Keep up with industrial standard and change in regulation
- Liaise across company to ensure risk require and implication are understood correctly and consistently
- Report risk issues or concerns to the Board including non-compliance to KRIs as well as pro-active enterprise stress testing on the overall risk appetite and limits as defined in the Company Risk Appetite Matrix and Enterprise Risk Management Framework when necessary.
- Credit Risk
- Responsible for the review and approval of credit proposals and maintain a good balance between returns and risks exposure
- Leads credit approval team to ensure high standard credit quality of the portfolio by using various credit assessment tools.
- Engages the development, implementation, review and monitoring of various credit business activities and provide a training and coaching to continuously upgrade the competency of the team members
- Review and develop the Credit approval policies and guidelines
- Participate in ad hoc projects of specific customer portfolio as required.
- Perform Credit Portfolio Monitoring and Stress Testing
- Perform Credit risk rating in accordance with applicable law and standard.
- Lead the development and maintenance of expected loss models to measure impairment in accordance with applicable law and standards
- Operational Risk
- Conducting regular Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) at both Head office and branch level
- Monitor departments implementations of corrective risk reduction plans and actions as needed
- Provides direct oversight in the overall coordination of risk policies and procedures.
- Conducting stress testing and Business continuity planning
- Ensure new products, projects, policies or business changes are approved and are introduced within a prescribed process including the appropriate management of risks;
- Coordinate with Audit Department on risk based audit of the operational gaps and review of effectiveness of risk controls in Master Risk Registers of AMK and all the departments and functions;
- Oversee all Operational Risk Management policies, procedures, and implementation tools, methodologies and report formats and endorse them for approval to the BOD.
- Oversee the implementation of the operational risk management controls, liaise with the relevant committee to ensure the effectiveness of the controls, and recommend revisions to the BOD if necessary.
- Oversee all operational risk and all types of fraud incidents and escalate high or extreme issues to the BOD as appropriate;
- Any other task as deemed necessary and requested by CEO.
- At least Bachelor degree, MBA or higher education is preferably, in Economics, Finance, Accounting, statistic or management.
- At least 5 years-experience in management position in area of Operational and Credit Risk Management Banking or MFIs or similar industry is preferred
- Knowledge of statistics, data collection, analysis, and data presentation is a plus
- Good understanding of financial institution business including systems, reporting infrastructure and product structure/packaging, regulatory requirements, business and market dynamics, and key risk drivers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to liaison with cross functional groups, present results to management, and create effective presentations
- Rigor, discipline and integrity
- Critical (but constructive) approach
- Team spirit
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with all levels of staff
- Sense of humor
- Innovative/creative, solution oriented
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by sending a CV and a cover letter to: AMK branch and sub-branch offices or Head Office, Building 285, Yothapol Khemarak Phoumin Blvd. (271), Sk. Tomnub Tuek, Kh. Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh,
Cambodia or E-mail: email@example.com
- A copy of obtained certificates or confirm letter by the University
- A copy of national identification, family book, and certificate of birth
|Finance at your doorstep|
- A copy of transcript is preferred.
For additional information, please contact at Tel: (023) 993 062 / (023) 224 763 or visiting website: www.amkcambodia.com
AMK is an equal opportunity employment. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.